Monday 10 November 2014

Calorie Watch - Part 1 (Calories in Bread)

Hello friends, I trust every one is doing great. Its been a while I posted any thing here and I am sure that you are wondering where I have been. I had more stuffs to do than can fit into 24 hours. But not to worry, I have learnt to squeeze everything to fit into 24 hours. I missed you all and I hope you missed me too.

Over weeks, I added some weight around my abdominal region an trust me, it is not a very nice thing to experience. I have almost no time to exercise because I have to deal with school, work, family and a whole lot of other personal stuffs. I decided to start watching my calories by eating smaller portions and even changing some of my diets. Surprisingly, it has helped a little.

The daily recommended calorie....
intake for men is between 2500 to 2700 calories, while for women it is 2000 calories. However, to get the daily recommended calorie intake for yourself, your weight, height, age and kind of lifestyle needs to be taken into consideration. The figures I mentioned are ok if you are a middle aged individual that is moderately active. Taking up to this number of calories a day will help maintain your weight (that is you would not gain or loose weight). If your ultimate goal is to loose weight, then it is advisable you take less calories than you burn daily.

This posts and the the others I will be posting for the next few days will try to show the amount of calories that are contained in the common food that we consume daily. I am starting with bread because it is one of the commonest staple food. I have listed 13 types of bread and the amount of calories that they contain. Feel free to add to this list in the comment section below.

Wheat flour, bread.....................................................361 calories
French or Vienna bread (includes sourdough)...........278 calories
Pita bread, white, enriched........................................275 calories
Pita bread, white, unenriched.....................................275 calories
Pita bread, whole wheat............................................266 calories
French bread, toasted...............................................188 calories
Garlic bread..............................................................151 calories
Bread, white.............................................................74 calories
Bread, wheat germ, toasted (brown bread)................73 calories
Bread, multi-grain.....................................................69 calories
Bread, reduced-calorie, oatmeal................................48 calories
Bread, rye................................................................18 calories
Bread, pumpernickel.................................................17 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment