Friday 24 October 2014

Awkward Birthday Situations.......

I celebrated my birthday on the 22nd of this month and it was so much fun. Yaaaay!!!! Sometimes I just wonder how you can just cross a timeline and boom......... you are plus one. Can't we ever grow younger? Well, am happy cos God has been faithful to me from my born day till now and it promises to be a fun filled year.

I was chatting with a few people about awkward things that could happen on birthdays. Every one I spoke to said said at least one thing. It was a lot of fun so I decided to share the fun with you by creating this list of 10 awkward things that happens on birthdays....


1. When your phone starts acting up on your birthday eve....... Oh! Oh!!

2. When there is no one around to share the fun with you. Hmm... it could be boring. You would wonder if any one really cares.

3. That awkward moment when someone says "happy birthday" and you reply "same to you". lol. Ever happened to you?

4. That awkward moment when your friends or colleagues gather together to sing you "the birthday song" and you don't know exactly how to act or  respond. Please guys, no birthday song for me.

5. When a friend or colleague draws serious attention to your birthday. Trust me, this is not funny at all.

6. Finding out about a surprise birthday party organised by a loved one in advance.

7. Getting an automated text message from your bank, hospital, insurance company or any of your service providers wishing you happy birthday, but what they are really doing is reminding you about their services.

8. Getting a very funny gift that you have absolutely no idea what to do with it.

9. Inviting the wrong mix of people to your birthday. This is social disaster. Please check that list over and over again.

10. Having absolutely no idea what to do on your birthday. I think this should have been number one. well, you can arrange it in any order you want but most importantly, share in the comments section what you feel could be your most awkward birthday situation.

2 comments:

  1. Loosing a loved one on that birthday of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.... This is a sad one. I hope you didn't loose any one on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete